whole-wheat penne with romanesco broccoli
penne integrali con broccolo romano
TOTAL TIME: 40 minutes
MAKES: 4 to 6 servings
The sweet, somewhat assertive flavor of cauliflower is a natural match for rich, nutty Parmigiano-Reggiano or Grana Padano. Romanesco cauliflower gives the dish dramatic flair, with its lime-green color and it's seashell-like florets. However, its flavor is similar to that of conventional cauliflower, so go ahead and use that if your market doesn't stock Romanesco.
- Fine sea salt
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil plus more for drizzling
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound whole-wheat penne
- 2 pounds cauliflower (preferably Romanesco), cut into 3/4-inch wide florets
- 5 cups packed finely grated Grana Padano or Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese (about 10 ounces)
- Flaky coarse sea salt (optional)
Other recipes you might like
© 2013 Quadratum USA. All rights reserved.