white truffle risotto
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1½ cups arborio rice
- ⅔ cup dry white wine
- 5 cups chicken stock, heated
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano, plus extra
- 1 ounce white truffle, thinly shaved, divided
In a heavy-bottomed pot over medium heat, warm the olive oil. Add the onion, and sauté until translucent. Add the rice, and toast for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon. Add the wine, and cook until the liquid is absorbed. Add ½ cup of the stock, and cook until the liquid is absorbed, stirring often. Season with salt and pepper. Continue adding the stock in ½-cup increments, stirring after each addition until the liquid is absorbed. The rice is done when it is creamy but al dente, about 18 minutes. Stir in the butter, Parmigiano and half of the truffle shavings. Adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper. Serve garnished with more truffle shavings and grated Parmigiano-Reggiano.
Other recipes you might like
© 2013 Quadratum USA. All rights reserved.