vegetable croquettes with fonduta
polpette di verdure con fonduta
TOTAL TIME: 50 minutes
MAKES: 8 servings
Chock full of vegetables, these croquettes are baked, not fried, and get served with a warm and creamy Taleggio cheese sauce.
- 1 small leek
- 1 cup (1/4-inch) cubes peeled butternut squash (from 1-pound squash)
- 1/2 cup (1-inch) broccoli florets
- 1 small zucchini, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch dice (2/3 cup)
- 1 cup small (1/2-inch) cauliflower florets
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped onion
- 3/4 cup finely chopped escarole leaves (about 4 large leaves)
- 10 peeled, cooked chestnuts (from a jar), finely chopped
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1 large egg white
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 6 ounces Taleggio cheese, rind removed, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 1/4 cups whole milk
Meanwhile, bring 1 inch water to a simmer in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Combine Taleggio and milk in a medium bowl and set over water; cook, stirring constantly, until cheese is melted and sauce is smooth, about 5 minutes. Serve immediately with croquettes.
Other recipes you might like
© 2013 Quadratum USA. All rights reserved.