pesto ai due pomodori
TOTAL TIME: 10 minutes
MAKES: 2 1/4 cups
Use a heaping 2 cups to 1 pound of pasta; it's especially good with stuffed pastas like ravioli.
- 1 scant cup drained oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes (from 8.5-ounce jar)
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 packed teaspoon salt-packed capers, rinsed, soaked in cold water for 10 minutes, then rinsed again
- 1 pint (about 2 1/4 cups) cherry or grape tomatoes, quartered
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano or Grana Padano cheese
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh chives
In a blender, purée sun-dried tomatoes, oil and capers until well combined. Add cherry tomatoes and purée until smooth, adding 1 to 2 tablespoons warm water and stopping machine to stir, if necessary, to help blend.
Transfer pesto to a bowl and stir in cheese and chives.
Other recipes you might like
© 2013 Quadratum USA. All rights reserved.