trofie with olive pesto
MAKES: 4 servings
- 1 pound trofie pasta (or substitute gemelli)
- 1 cup kalamata olives, pitted
- 3 anchovy fillets
- Hot red pepper flakes to taste
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add salt and the pasta, and cook until al dente.
Make the pesto: Place the olives, anchovies, hot red pepper flakes and ½ cup olive oil in a food processor or blender, and purée. Season with salt and pepper. Keeping the motor running, slowly drizzle in more olive oil if needed for a smooth consistency.
Drain the pasta, place it back in the warm pot, and toss to coat with the olive pesto. Transfer to a serving bowl, and garnish with chopped parsley and cherry tomatoes.
Other recipes you might like
© 2013 Quadratum USA. All rights reserved.