tartara di manzo
TOTAL TIME: 15 minutes
MAKES: 4 servings
Fresh ingredients are paramount to the success of this classic raw meat and egg dish. Chop your own tenderloin, or have your butcher grind it fresh for you.
- 1 pound very fresh beef tenderloin, finely chopped, see note
- 4 very fresh egg yolks, see note
- 2 lemons
- 2 large eggs, hard-boiled and finely chopped
- ½ cup minced white onion
- ⅓ cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- ¼ cup salt-packed capers, rinsed, soaked in cold water for 10 minutes, then rinsed again
- 12 anchovy fillets, roughly chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Dijon mustard
Form beef into four 4-ounce rounds, about 1-inch thick. Place in the center of four cold plates. Using the back of a spoon, create an indentation in the center of each round; place egg yolks into indentations.
Cut lemons to create 20 round slices; surround beef with slices. Atop each lemon slice, spoon chopped egg, onion, parsley, capers and anchovy. Serve immediately, letting guests mix tartare ingredients, and season with salt, pepper and Dijon, as desired.
Note: We suggest taking caution when eating raw meat and raw or lightly-cooked eggs, due to the slight risk of food-borne illness. To reduce risk, use only fresh, properly refrigerated, clean grade A or AA eggs with intact shells; avoid contact between yolks or whites and the shell. Use only very fresh, properly refrigerated meat from a reliable market.
Other recipes you might like
© 2013 Quadratum USA. All rights reserved.