tagliolini with asparagus and sole
tagliolini con asparagi e sogliola
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh marjoram plus 1 whole leafy sprig
- Fine sea salt
- 1/2 pound asparagus spears, trimmed
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 3/4 pound sole fillet, cut in half lengthwise, then cut crosswise into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 pound tagliolini or other long thin egg pasta
- Freshly ground black pepper
Add marjoram sprig to a large pot of salted water; bring water to a boil.
Meanwhile, cut asparagus stems crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick pieces, reserving tips.
In a large skillet, heat butter and oil over medium-high heat; add asparagus stems and tips and cook, stirring occasionally, 3 minutes. Stir in wine and 3/4 teaspoon salt, then add fish; increase heat to high and cook until fish is opaque and cooked through, about 3 minutes. Remove pan from heat.
Cook pasta in the boiling water until al dente; drain and transfer to a large bowl. Add fish mixture including pan juices. Add chopped marjoram and a generous grinding of pepper, then gently toss together. Serve immediately.
Other recipes you might like
© 2013 Quadratum USA. All rights reserved.