spicy cabbage salad
cavolo cappuccio in insalata piccante
TOTAL TIME: 15 minutes
MAKES: 4 servings
Crunchy and refreshing, this Italian take on slaw would be welcome alongside a sandwich. Because it packs some heat the cabbage also makes a perfect accompaniment to sweet, tender braises and makes a great bed for serving roast chicken; the cabbage absorbs the bird's juices while the heat from the roast wilts it just a bit.
- 3/4 pound green cabbage, thinly sliced (about 8 cups)
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened shredded coconut
- 11/2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh chile pepper plus more to taste
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
In a large serving bowl, toss together cabbage, coconut and chile. In a small bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar and salt. Pour dressing over cabbage mixture; toss to combine. Adjust seasoning, adding more chile, if you like.
Other recipes you might like
© 2013 Quadratum USA. All rights reserved.