spiced nut tart
TOTAL TIME: 60 minutes
MAKES: Makes 1 (9-inch) tart
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour plus more for dusting
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 3 1/3 tablespoons chilled unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch pieces plus more for greasing tart pan
- 3 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1/3 cup roughly chopped melba toast
- 1/3 cup walnut pieces
- 3 tablespoons raw almonds
- 3 tablespoons hazelnuts
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1/3 cup finely chopped candied orange peel
- 1/4 cup golden raisins, soaked in hot water for 5 minutes, then drained and roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon acacia honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dry white wine
SPECIAL EQUIPMENT: a (9-inch) tart pan with removable bottom.
FOR DOUGH: In a bowl, whisk together flour, sugar and salt. Add butter and, using your fingertips, blend together just until mixture resembles coarse meal with some roughly pea-size butter lumps. Drizzle wine evenly over mixture and gently blend with fingers until incorporated and a small handful of dough holds together when squeezed. (Do not overwork dough, or pastry will be tough.) Form dough into a ball, flatten into a disc, wrap tightly in plastic wrap and chill until firm, at least 1 hour or up to 1 day.
Other recipes you might like
© 2013 Quadratum USA. All rights reserved.