spaghettoni with pecorino, pepper and walnuts
spaghettoni al pecorino pepe e noci
TOTAL TIME: 25 minutes
MAKES: 4 to 6 servings
- 2 cups freshly grated pecorino romano or Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, plus more for garnish
- 1 pound bucatini or spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup walnut pieces, roughly chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
Place cheese in a large serving bowl. Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Add pasta and cook until al dente. Drain pasta, reserving ½ cup cooking liquid. Immediately transfer pasta to bowl with cheese, add butter and quickly toss together. Add walnuts and ¼ cup pasta cooking liquid; toss together to combine, adding more pasta cooking liquid if dry. Season generously with salt and pepper, garnish with cheese and serve immediately.
Other recipes you might like
© 2013 Quadratum USA. All rights reserved.