spaghettoni with breadcrumbs and tomato
spaghettoni con mollica e pomodoro
TOTAL TIME: 25 minutes
MAKES: 4 to 6 servings
Italians don't serve grated cheese with fish, so to add a little savory texture to a pasta with anchovies, breadcrumbs are used instead to great affect.
- Fine sea salt
- 4 ounces day-old rustic bread, cut into small pieces (about 3 cups)
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 pound tomatoes
- 1 pound spaghettoni or spaghetti
- 4 flat anchovy fillets
- 1 large garlic clove, gently smashed and peeled
- 1/3 cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
Heat oven to 425º with rack in middle. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
Other recipes you might like
© 2013 Quadratum USA. All rights reserved.