spaghetti with spicy oil
spaghetti all’olio piccante
TOTAL TIME: 20 minutes
MAKES: 2 servings
Though the pasta looks pretty served over garden ripe tomatoes, it's tasty on its own as well.
- 4 ounces spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil plus more for drizzling
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 small whole dried red chile, crumbled or 1/4 to 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon finely chopped fresh thyme or pinch dried thyme
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 small ripe tomatoes, quartered (optional)
Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Add spaghetti and cook until al dente.
Meanwhile, combine oil, parsley, chile, thyme and pinch salt and pepper in a small saucepan. Gently heat over very low heat, stirring occasionally, until oil is fragrant and flavored, 3 to 5 minutes (do not boil). Remove from heat.
Drain pasta and transfer to a large bowl; add warm oil and toss to combine. Season with salt. Serve atop tomato pieces, if you like, drizzled with oil and sprinkled with pepper.
Other recipes you might like
© 2013 Quadratum USA. All rights reserved.