spaghetti with garlic, olive oil and chile pepper
spaghetti aglio, olio e peperoncino
TOTAL TIME: 20 minutes
MAKES: 4 to 6 servings
- Fine sea salt
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 medium fresh red or green hot chile pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook until al dente.
Meanwhile, in a medium skillet, combine oil, garlic, chile and generous pinch pepper; heat over medium heat until oil begins to bubble, about 1 1/2 minutes. Add parsley, 1/2 cup of the pasta cooking liquid and 1/2 teaspoon salt; stir to combine, then remove from heat.
When pasta is al dente, drain and transfer to a large serving bowl. Add oil mixture and toss together to combine well. Adjust seasoning to taste. Serve immediately.
Other recipes you might like
© 2013 Quadratum USA. All rights reserved.