shrimp, papaya and mango salad
insalata di scampi, papaia e mango
A delicious summer lunch option, this salad is colorful, flalvorful, and refreshing. Be sure the mango and papaya and avocado are all nice and ripe. Delicious made with quickly poached shrimp, grilling the shrimp is another good option, and it adds a welcome smokiness to the salad.
- 1/2 lemon
- Fine sea salt
- 16 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (from 2 large limes)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups torn arugula (4 ounces)
- 1 (1 1/2-pound) papaya, peeled, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch cubes (4 cups)
- 1 firm-ripe mango, pitted, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 firm-ripe avocado, quartered, pitted, peeled, cut into
- 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 medium bulb fennel, cored and roughly chopped
Fill a medium saucepan with 2 quarts water and squeeze juice from 1/2 lemon into the water; add 1 teaspoon salt and bring to a low boil. Add shrimp and poach until just cooked through, about 2 minutes. Drain and pat dry. Toss in a bowl with 1 tablespoon oil and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
Other recipes you might like
© 2013 Quadratum USA. All rights reserved.