spiedini di sarde
TOTAL TIME: 30 minutes
MAKES: 4 servings
The Italians have a way with sardines, and these skewers are no exception. The herby breadcrumb coating adds a welcome crunch while the grilled lemon slices, delicious on their own, brighten up the full flavored fish.
- 4 ounces rustic bread, crusts removed, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil plus more for grill
- Fine sea salt
- 2 lemons
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh marjoram
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh thyme
- 8 fresh sardines, cleaned, boned and butterflied
- Freshly ground black pepper
Other recipes you might like
© 2013 Quadratum USA. All rights reserved.