salmon with broccoli
bocconi di salmone con broccoletti
TOTAL TIME: 25 minutes
MAKES: Serves 4
Salmon and broccoli. Unusual? Yes. Delicious? You bet. This colorful, weeknight dinner takes only 25 minutes to make.
- Fine sea salt
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts (optional)
- 1 small garlic clove, roughly chopped
- 1 whole dried chile pepper, crumbled, or 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 1/4 pounds broccoli
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil plus more for drizzling
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless salmon fillet, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- Freshly ground black pepper
Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil. Meanwhile, on a cutting board, mound parsley, pine nuts, if using, garlic and crumbled dried chile or red pepper flakes. Finely chop together; set aside.
Cut broccoli stems from crowns. Trim and peel stems, then cut into 1/2-inch pieces. Separate crowns into florets. Cook broccoli in the boiling water until tender, about 5 minutes, then, using a slotted spoon, transfer to a colander to drain; reserve 1/2 cup of the broccoli cooking liquid.
In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. In a single layer, add salmon pieces; cook, turning once halfway through and removing thinner pieces as they are done, until pieces are cooked through but slightly pink in the center, 3 to 5 minutes, depending on thickness. Remove pan from heat, transfer fish to a plate and season with salt and pepper.
Other recipes you might like
© 2013 Quadratum USA. All rights reserved.