roasted fennel soup with cranberries and hazelnuts
vellutata di finocchi con mirtilli e nocciole
TOTAL TIME: 1 hour, 30 minutes
MAKES: 8 to 10 servings
Cranberries, a traditional Thanksgiving ingredient, add a burst of color to this soup.
- 8 large fennel bulbs, trimmed and cut into 8 wedges
- 3 large Spanish onions, trimmed and cut into 8 wedges
- 4 large sprigs rosemary
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil plus more for drizzling
- Fine sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- About 10 cups vegetable stock, Brodo or lower-sodium chicken stock
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped lightly toasted hazelnuts
Heat oven to 375°.
In a large bowl, combine fennel, onions, rosemary and oil; season generously with salt and pepper. Toss together to evenly coat vegetables. Transfer to baking sheets. Roast vegetables, stirring once and rotating pans halfway through, until golden and tender, about 40 minutes.
Recipe by Marco Canora
Photo by Nina Choi
Other recipes you might like
© 2013 Quadratum USA. All rights reserved.