roasted eggplant, mozzarella and anchovy sandwiches
rosette con melanzane e acciughe
TOTAL TIME: 45 minutes
MAKES: 4 servings
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 (3/4-inch-thick) slices eggplant
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled
- Coarse sea salt
- 4 (3- to 4-inch) sourdough rolls, halved horizontally
- 8 (1/2-inch-thick) tomato slices (from 3 tomatoes)
- 6 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 12 flat anchovy fillets
Heat oven to 425°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; drizzle parchment with oil. Put eggplant slices on prepared baking sheet; sprinkle with oregano, season with salt and bake, turning once, until tender, about 30 minutes.
Remove eggplant from oven. Drizzle rolls with oil. Make sandwiches with tomato, sprinkle of salt, cheese, anchovy fillets and warm eggplant.
Other recipes you might like
© 2013 Quadratum USA. All rights reserved.