roast chicken and yellow pepper salad
insalata di pollo arrosto e peperoni gialli
TOTAL TIME: 15 minutes
MAKES: 4 servings
Because you start with an already roasted chicken(leftover or purchased) this salad literally comes together in minutes. A perfect recipe for a quick and summery light dinner or lunch.
- 2 lemons
- 2 cups small shreds skinless roast chicken
- 2 yellow bell peppers, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 7 ounces young Parmigiano-Reggiano or Grana Padano cheese, cut into 1/8-inch-thick shards (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh marjoram leaves
- Fine sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
Using a sharp paring knife, trim off top and bottom of lemons. Stand fruit on end and carefully cut the peel and white pith from flesh, following curve of fruit from top to bottom. Trim away any remaining pith. Cut each section away from membranes, cutting as close to membranes as you can, then cut fruit pieces in half crosswise and place in a large bowl.
To the bowl, add chicken, bell peppers and cheese. Add oil, marjoram leaves and 1 teaspoon salt; toss to combine. Season to taste with black pepper and more salt if desired.
Other recipes you might like
© 2013 Quadratum USA. All rights reserved.