coconut rice pudding with strawberry sauce
pudding di riso
Love rice pudding? It's even better with strawberry sauce drizzled over it.
- 2 1/4 cups whole milk
- 1 cup plus 3 tablespoons coconut milk
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 3/4 cup Arborio rice
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped strawberries
- Confectioners sugar
- SPECIAL EQUIPMENT: 4 (6-ounce ) ramekins
In a medium saucepan, combine whole milk, 1 cup coconut milk, granulated sugar, vanilla and salt; bring just to a boil. Add rice, reduce to a gentle simmer and cook, stirring frequently, until pudding is tender and creamy, about 45 minutes.
Meanwhile, combine strawberries and remaining 3 tablespoons coconut milk in food processor. Purée sauce until smooth.
Heat oven to broil.
Divide rice pudding among 4 (6-ounce) ramekins. Sprinkle with confectioners sugar and drizzle with half of the sauce. Broil until sugar caramelizes, about 2 minutes. Serve warm with remaining sauce on the side.
Other recipes you might like
© 2013 Quadratum USA. All rights reserved.