rabbit with orange and chestnuts
coniglio all’arancia con castagne
TOTAL TIME: 30 minutes
MAKES: 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (2½ - to 3-pound) rabbit, thawed if frozen, cut into 7 or 8 pieces
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup roasted, shelled and skinned chestnuts (¼ pound in shell or about ½ (7 ½-ounce) jar peeled whole)
- ½ cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 2 bay leaves
In a large bowl stir together flour, salt and pepper. Add rabbit and toss to coat.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Brown rabbit in batches, transferring pieces to a bowl.
Pour off fat from skillet. Return rabbit to skillet with chestnuts, orange juice and bay leaves. Bring liquid to a simmer over medium heat. Reduce heat to low and cook, covered, until rabbit is tender, about 30 minutes. Serve warm.
Other recipes you might like
© 2013 Quadratum USA. All rights reserved.