pork cutlets with pine nuts and prosciutto
lombatine “vestite” ai pinoli
TOTAL TIME: 25 minutes
MAKES: 6 servings
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons golden raisins, plumped in hot water to cover for 10 minutes and drained
- 1 1/2 tablespoons capers, preferably salt-packed, rinsed, soaked in cold water for 10 minutes, then rinsed again
- 1 1/3 cups loosely packed finely grated Grana Padano cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and cut in half
- 6 (3-ounce) pork cutlets, pounded to 1/3-inch-thick
- 6 thin slices prosciutto
- 4 cups loosely packed mixed greens
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- Fine sea salt
Heat oven to 475º with rack in middle.
Finely chop together nuts, raisins and capers. In a bowl, stir together nut mixture, cheese and parsley.
In a large nonstick skillet, heat 2 tablespoons butter and garlic over medium-high heat. In 2 batches, cook cutlets 2 minutes per side, then transfer to a cutting board, laying cutlets flat. Sprinkle nut mixture over cutlets, then wrap each cutlet with 1 slice prosciutto.
Arrange cutlets in a baking dish. Dot with remaining tablespoon butter; bake 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, toss greens with oil, vinegar and pinch salt. Serve pork with greens as garnish.
Other recipes you might like
© 2013 Quadratum USA. All rights reserved.