pomegranate-honey roasted game hen
MAKES: 6 servings
- 1 cup fresh pomegranate juice
- ½ cup honey, plus extra
- 6 cloves garlic, pressed
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground allspice
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 game hens, 2 to 3 pounds each, cut in half
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Pomegranate seeds for garnish
- Shelled, chopped pistachios for garnish
Mix the pomegranate juice, honey, garlic and spices, and pour over the hens in a bowl or baking dish. Cover and marinate overnight in the refrigerator, turning occasionally.
Preheat the oven to 450º.
Drain the hens, and transfer the marinade to a saucepan. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
Season the hens with salt and pepper, transfer to a roasting pan, and place n the oven. Baste frequently with the cooked marinade until the hens are cooked through, about 25 minutes. Remove from the oven, and let rest for 5 minutes.
Drizzle with honey and the remaining pan sauce, and garnish with pomegranate seeds, and pistachios.
Other recipes you might like
© 2013 Quadratum USA. All rights reserved.