polenta with cannellini beans, onion and sausage
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 10 ounces sweet or spicy Italian sausage, cut into ¾-inch pieces
- ¼ cup red wine
- 1 cup tomato purée
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- One 15-ounce can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- One 17-ounce package instant polenta
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
In a large skillet with high sides, warm the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion, and sauté until translucent, about 3 to 4 minutes. Add the sausage, and sauté until golden on all sides, about 4 to 5 minutes. Add the wine, bring to a simmer, and cook until the liquid has evaporated, about 5 minutes. Stir in the tomato purée, season with salt and pepper, and cook for 5 minutes, stirring often. Add the cannellini beans, and cook for another 3 to 4 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook the polenta according to the directions on the package. When the polenta is finished cooking, spoon it onto a serving platter. Top the polenta with the sausage mixture, and sprinkle with chopped parsley. Drizzle with olive oil, and serve.
Other recipes you might like
© 2013 Quadratum USA. All rights reserved.