pasta with ricotta, capers and thyme
pasta con ricotta, capperi e timo
TOTAL TIME: 25 minutes
MAKES: 4 servings
- 1 pound strozzapreti or short pasta
- ¾ pound fresh ricotta cheese
- ¾ cup, plus 2 tablespoons low-fat milk
- ¼ cup salt-packed capers, rinsed, soaked in cold water for 10 minutes, then rinsed again
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablepoon fresh thyme leaves or a pinch dried thyme
Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Add pasta and cook until al dente.
While pasta is cooking, heat ricotta and milk in a large skillet over medium-low heat, stirring, until warmed through. Add capers and season generously with pepper. Remove from heat.
When pasta is ready, drain and return to pot; immediately toss with oil. Add ricotta sauce, place over medium-heat and stir to combine and heat through, about 1 minute. Season to taste with salt. Immediately divide pasta among plates, sprinkle with thyme and pepper and serve.
Other recipes you might like
© 2013 Quadratum USA. All rights reserved.