pasta carbonara made with bresaola
“quasi carbonara” con bresaola
TOTAL TIME: 25 minutes
MAKES: 4 to 6 servings
Bresaola in place of pancetta or gunaciale makes a carbonara that's a little tangier than traditional versions. A little cornstarch helps the sauce thicken.
- Fine sea salt
- 6 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 pound trenette or linguine
- 2 1/2 cups whole milk
- 2 cups freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano or Grana Padano cheese (about 4 1/2 ounces)
- 1 (4-ounce) 1/4-inch-thick piece bresaola, cut into 1/4-inch cubes (1 cup)
Other recipes you might like
© 2013 Quadratum USA. All rights reserved.