mixed vegetables with prosciutto crisps
misto tiepedo di vedure
TOTAL TIME: 20 minutes
MAKES: 1 serving
- 2 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto
- 1½ tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup broccoli florets
- ½ cup very thinly sliced mixed radish, zucchini, carrots, and/or turnips
- ½ cup sliced fennel
- ½ cup small mixed crimini and chanterelle mushrooms..
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- ⅓ red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 3 savoy cabbage leaves, torn
- 1½ tablespoons walnut oil
- 1 teaspoon cold vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon balsamic vinegar
Bring a small skillet of water to boil. Blanch prosciutto until fat is melted; drain and pat dry. Wipe skillet dry, add ½ tablespoon of the olive oil, and heat over medium. Add prosciutto and cook until browned and crispy. Transfer to paper towels to drain.
In a large bowl, combine ice and cold water.
Bring a large saucepan of salted water to boil. Add broccoli florets and cook for 1½ minutes; add mixed vegetables, fennel, mushrooms, scallion, bell pepper and cabbage. Continue cooking 1 minute more; drain vegetables and transfer to ice water. Drain and pat dry. Arrange on a plate with prosciutto.
Whisk together walnut oil, broth, mustard, vinegar and remaining tablespoon olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste, drizzle over vegetables and serve.
Other recipes you might like
© 2013 Quadratum USA. All rights reserved.