mini chocolate cakes in chocolate sauce
tortine al cioccolato
TOTAL TIME: 45 minutes
MAKES: 8 servings
Drowning a chocolate pudding cake in chocolate sauce may be a bit over the top, but that won't keep you from licking the plate. For best results, use the best quality chocolate you can afford.
- 10 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into cubes, plus more for greasing pans
- 3 1/2 tablespoons unbleached all-purpose flour plus more for dusting
- 5 1/2 ounces fine quality bittersweet chocolate (not unsweetened), coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons sugar
- 4 large egg yolks
- 3 1/2 tablespoons corn starch
- 1 large egg white
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 3 1/2 ounces fine quality semisweet chocolate
- 1 1/4 ounces (2 1/2 tablespoons) brewed espresso (from espresso machine or instant)
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
FOR CAKES: Heat oven to 350º with rack in middle. Generously butter and flour 8 muffin cups or 8 (2¾-inch) scalloped tart pans.
Other recipes you might like
© 2013 Quadratum USA. All rights reserved.