milk and caramelized polenta
latte e polenta caramellata
TOTAL TIME: 60 minutes
MAKES: 4 servings
In this delicious and comforting dessert, cubes of polenta made with milk and butter get a coated with sugar and caramelized before being topped with a vanilla- and coffee-infused cream sauce.
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 2/3 cup coarse corn polenta
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise, seeds scraped out, beans and seeds reserved
- 5 whole coffee beans
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 6 ounces almond (or other nut) brittle, broken into small pieces
In a medium saucepan over high heat, whisk together 2 cups water, 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons milk, polenta, butter and salt. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a bare simmer; cook, stirring frequently with a wooden spoon, until thickened and tender, about 40 minutes. Transfer polenta to a 8 1/2- x 4 1/2- x 2 1/2-inch loaf pan, spreading evenly with a rubber spatula. Transfer pan to wire rack and let cool completely.
Other recipes you might like
© 2013 Quadratum USA. All rights reserved.