roast marinated rack of pork
carré di maiale marinato
TOTAL TIME: 1 hour, 40 minutes plus marinating
MAKES: 8 servings
A marinade made with fresh chiles and vinegar adds a little heat and tang to pork. Roasting the pork and potatoes in the same pan not only streamlines things, but makes the potatoes extremely flavorful.
- 1 (8-bone) rack of pork (5 1/2 to 6 1/2 pounds), chine bone cut off
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 small fresh arbol chiles, thinly sliced (about 2 tablespoons)
- 2 1/2 pounds medium Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut
- into 1/4-inch wedges
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
Place pork in an 11-x7-inch baking dish. Combine 1/2 cup vinegar, 2 tablespoons oil and chiles, drizzle over pork; marinate at room temperature for 3 hours, turning occasionally. Pour off marinade, reserving 1/4 cup.
Heat oven to 350° with rack in middle.
Other recipes you might like
© 2013 Quadratum USA. All rights reserved.