maccheroni alla chitarra with fava beans and ricotta
maccheroni alla chitarra con fave e ricotta
TOTAL TIME: 30 minutes
MAKES: 4 to 6 servings
- 3 cups shelled fava beans (from about 3¾ pounds in pods) or 1 (16-ounce) package shelled frozen fava beans (not thawed)
- 1 pound maccheroni alla chitarra or spaghetti
- 1 cup freshly grated ricotta salata (about 6 ounces), plus extra for sprinkling
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- Freshly ground black pepper
Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add fava beans and cook until tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a large serving bowl.
Return water to boil. Add pasta and cook until al dente. Drain pasta, reserving 1 cup cooking liquid.
Immediately transfer pasta to bowl with fava beans. Add cheese, oil and enough cooking liquid to moisten (add more, if needed). Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve at once, with extra cheese.
Other recipes you might like
© 2013 Quadratum USA. All rights reserved.