linguine with roasted tomatoes
TOTAL TIME: 50 minutes
MAKES: 4 servings
Roasting tomatoes intensifies their flavors.
- 2 pounds tomatoes
- 6 Taggiasca olives or other mild, fruity olives, pitted
- 1 1/2 tablespoons salt-packed capers, rinsed, soaked in cold water for 10 minutes, then rinsed again
- 1 large garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Coarse sea salt or kosher salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil plus more for drizzling
- 1 pound linguine
- Freshly grated Pecorino Romano Genuino cheese
- Freshly ground black pepper
Heat oven to 400°.
Core tomatoes; cut widthwise into 1/2-inch slices. Arrange tomatoes in a baking dish, slightly overlapping; sprinkle with olives, capers, garlic, oregano and pinch salt. Drizzle with oil. Bake until tomatoes are tender and garlic is light golden, 25 to 30 minutes. Transfer baking dish to a wire rack.
Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Add pasta and cook until al dente. Reserving 3/4 cup of the pasta cooking liquid, drain pasta. Transfer pasta to a large serving bowl.
Add contents of baking dish and about 1/2 cup pasta cooking liquid to bowl with pasta; toss well to combine. Moisten with remaining pasta cooking liquid, if desired. Drizzle pasta with oil. Serve immediately with cheese and pepper.
Other recipes you might like
© 2013 Quadratum USA. All rights reserved.