chickpea and lentil salad with salmon
lenticchie in insalata con ceci, cipolla e salmone
TOTAL TIME: 1 hour, 35 minutes plus soaking
MAKES: 4 servings
Small lentils from Umbria are prized for their nutty taste. They hold their shape well, making them perfect for this simple lentil and chickpea salad topped with salmon. If Umbrian lentils can’t be found, substitute French green lentils.
- 3/4 cup dried chickpeas
- 1 cup small lentils, preferably Castelluccio or Colfiorito
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 pound salmon fillet (about 1 1/2 inches thick), skin and small bones removed, cut into 1-inch cubes
- Coarse sea salt
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Good-quality extra-virgin olive oil
Soak chickpeas in water to cover by 2 inches overnight (8 hours), then drain.
Other recipes you might like
© 2013 Quadratum USA. All rights reserved.