fresh herb salad with melon and sole
insalata di pesce e melone
TOTAL TIME: 35 minutes
MAKES: 4 servings
- 1½ pounds sole fillets
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 6 ounces chicory or frisée lettuce, torn into pieces
- 1 (¼-pound) bunch arugula, coarse stems discarded, leaves torn
- 12 chives, cut into 2-inch lengths
- ½ cup fresh mint leaves
- ¼ cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 small bunch fresh chervil or dill sprigs
- 1 cup ½-inch pieces honeydew melon flesh
- 1 cup (4 ounces) fresh raspberries
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
Slice sole filets lengthwise into strips about 1¼-inches wide; season with salt and pepper. Roll up strips lengthwise and set into the basket of a steamer. Steam until opaque and cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer to a plate to cool.
In a large bowl, combine frisée, arugula, chives, mint, parsley and chervil. Divide salad among 4 plates; sprinkle with melon and raspberries. Top with sole.
In a small bowl, whisk together oil and lime juice; season with salt and pepper. Drizzle dressing over salads, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and serve.
Other recipes you might like
© 2013 Quadratum USA. All rights reserved.