coniglio alla cacciatora
TOTAL TIME: 1 hour, 45 minutes
MAKES: 4 servings
The Italian title translates as hunter's wife's rabbit, which is appropriate given the rustic, though delicious, nature of this braise. You can easily substitute chicken thighs in place of the rabbit pieces, though you may need to cook them longer depending on their size.
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound button mushrooms, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, gently smashed and peeled
- 1 medium onion
- 1 celery stalk
- 1 large carrot
- 1 (3- to 3 1/2-pound) rabbit, cut into 8 pieces
- Fine sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2/3 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup tomato purée
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat; add mushrooms and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, until mushrooms are tender, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
Other recipes you might like
© 2013 Quadratum USA. All rights reserved.