grilled stuffed calamari
calamari ripieni alla griglia
TOTAL TIME: 45 minutes
MAKES: 4 servings
The sweet char from grilling the squid contrasts nicely with its bold, briny filling of tuna, capers, and garlic and the heat that comes from a finish of hot sauce. A simple green salad rounds out this summertime main course.
- 12 cleaned small (3- to 4-inch) squid bodies plus tentacles (about 1 pound total)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons capers (preferably salt-packed, rinsed, soaked in cold water for 10 minutes, then rinsed again)
- 1 small garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 1 (5-ounce) can oil-packed tuna, drained
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil plus more for grill
- Fine sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon, or to taste, hot sauce such as Tabasco
- 5 cups loosely packed baby greens
Finely chop together tentacles, capers and garlic; mix together with tuna. Using a small spoon, stuff squid with tuna mixture, leaving a 1/2-inch space at top. Seal tops using wooden picks.
Other recipes you might like
© 2013 Quadratum USA. All rights reserved.