green veal cutlet sandwiches
panini con cotolette verdi
TOTAL TIME: 30 minutes
MAKES: 6 servings
- 3/4 pound veal cutlets
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup coarse plain bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup roughly chopped fennel
- 1/3 cup packed celery leaves (from inner stalks of bunch)
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 2 teaspoons fresh marjoram leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil plus more for frying pan, if needed
- 1 small zucchini, very thinly shredded
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons pesto
- 6 (3- to 4-inch) ciabatta rolls, halved horizontally
- 3 cups baby lettuces
Gently pound cutlets to 1/8 -inch thickness between 2 sheets of plastic wrap with flat side of a meat pounder or with a rolling pin. Cut into 2-inch-wide pieces and season with salt and pepper.
Put flour in a large shallow bowl. Lightly beat eggs in another large shallow bowl. In a food processor, finely chop bread crumbs, fennel, celery leaves, parsley, marjoram and thyme; transfer to a third bowl. Lightly coat veal pieces, 1 at a time, with flour, then dip in egg, letting excess drip off, then dredge in bread crumbs, coating completely, and put on a sheet of wax paper.
Heat 3 tablespoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Fry veal pieces in batches (adding more oil as needed), turning over once, until golden and just cooked through, about 6 minutes total. Transfer to paper towels to drain.
In a small bowl, toss together zucchini, remaining tablespoon oil, and generous pinch salt and pepper. In a second bowl, stir together mayonnaise and pesto. Spread 2 tablespoons mayonnaise mixture on bottom halves of rolls. Make sandwiches with baby lettuces, veal, a little more mayonnaise mixture and zucchini.
dinner, easy, fast, italian sandwich, lunch, picnic, portable, quick, simple, meat, beef, pan fry, pan fried, fried, fry, mandoline, chicken breasts, veal cutlets, breaded, breading, fennel, celery leaves, parsley, marjoram, thyme, zucchini, mayonnaise, pesto, ciabatta rolls, rolls, buns, baby lettuce
Other recipes you might like
© 2013 Quadratum USA. All rights reserved.