farfalle with vegetable ragù
farfalle con ragù vegetariano
TOTAL TIME: 45 minutes
MAKES: 4 to 6 servings
An abundance of vegetables makes this sauce colorful, and, despite a touch of cream, healthful. But more important, it's truly delicious.
- 1/2 pound eggplant, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- Fine sea salt
- 1 cup shelled fresh fava beans (from 2/3 to 1 pound in pods)
- 1 medium tomato
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 small red bell pepper, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 small onion, halved lengthwise and cut crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 3/4 cup frozen peas (not thawed)
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound farfalle
Put eggplant in a colander set over a bowl. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon salt. Fill a bowl, slightly smaller than colander, with water and place on top of eggplant. Let eggplant drain, at room temperature, 1 hour (eggplant will brown).
Other recipes you might like
© 2013 Quadratum USA. All rights reserved.