endive salad with walnut sauce
insalata di indivie con salsa di noci
TOTAL TIME: 10 minutes
MAKES: 4 servings
- 1 ounce day-old bread, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (about 1 cup)
- 1/3 cup plus 2 to 3 tablespoons whole milk
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup walnut pieces
- Fine sea salt
- 1/2 pound chicory (French curly endive) or frisée, tough outer leaves discarded and remaining leaves torn into 2-inch pieces (about 9 cups)
- 1 medium Belgian endive, leaves separated and thinly sliced lengthwise
- Sweet paprika
In a bowl, soak bread in 1/3 cup milk, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes. Transfer mixture to a blender. Add oil, walnuts and 1/4 teaspoon salt to blender; purée until smooth. Thin dressing with 2 to 3 tablespoons remaining milk.
Combine chicory and endive in a large bowl; season with salt. Drizzle with dressing and toss to combine. Sprinkle with paprika.
Other recipes you might like
© 2013 Quadratum USA. All rights reserved.