cream and thyme gelato with strawberry sauce
almond gelato di fiordilatte e timo
TOTAL TIME: 20 minutes
MAKES: Makes about 1 quart
- 2 3/4 cups whole milk
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 6 leafy thyme sprigs plus more for garnish
- 1/3 vanilla bean, split
- 1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 pound strawberries, trimmed and quartered
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- SPECIAL EQUIPMENT: ice cream maker
FOR GELATO: In a heavy medium saucepan with lid, combine milk, cream, thyme, vanilla bean and sugar; bring just to a simmer over medium-low heat, whisking to dissolve sugar. Remove custard from heat and steep, covered, 10 minutes, then strain custard into a metal bowl; discard solids. Chill in an ice bath until very cold, then freeze in an ice cream maker. Meanwhile, prepare sauce.
Other recipes you might like
© 2013 Quadratum USA. All rights reserved.