cod with tomato
merluzzo fresco al pomodoro
TOTAL TIME: 40 minutes
MAKES: 4 servings
- 1 (24-ounce) can peeled tomatoes, preferably San Marzano, juices drained, tomatoes roughly chopped
- 3/4 cup pitted black olives
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- Fine sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds cod fillet, cut into 2-inch square pieces
In a large skillet with lid, combine tomatoes, olives, oil, bay leaves, thyme, sugar and generous pinch salt and pepper. Over medium heat, bring just to a simmer, then reduce heat to low and cook, covered, 20 minutes.
Add cod and continue to cook, uncovered, until cod is cooked through and sauce is flavorful, about 12 minutes more. Serve warm.
Other recipes you might like
© 2013 Quadratum USA. All rights reserved.