kaiserschmarren bruno con uvetta
TOTAL TIME: 30 minutes
MAKES: 4 servings
Based on a famous Austrain dessert, this is bascially a chocolate pancake broken into pieces while frying, gives the pancake additional texture and makes it exceedlingly easy to eat. Served with warm jam, it's a super comforting treat.
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons rum
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate (55% cocoa), roughly chopped
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, separated
- 21/2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Fine sea salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Confectioners sugar for dusting
- Red currant or other red berry jam for serving
Heat oven to 225º. In a small bowl, combine raisins, rum and 2 tablespoons water; set aside.
Other recipes you might like
© 2013 Quadratum USA. All rights reserved.