chicken skewers with mustard sauce
arrosticini di pollo con salsa alla senape
- 1 pound chicken tenders
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Dried bread crumbs for dredging
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- All-purpose flour for dredging
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra
- 2 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- ½ cup green leaf lettuce
- 2 small ripe plum tomatoes, cut into wedges
Thread each chicken tender onto a skewer, and season with salt and pepper. In a bowl, combine the bread crumbs and rosemary. Dredge the chicken in the flour, and shake off the excess. Dip into the eggs, then dredge in the bread crumb mixture, making sure to coat chicken well.
In a grill pan over medium heat, warm the olive oil. Add the chicken, and cook about 6 minutes or until it is cooked through. Turn the skewers halfway through the cooking.
Place the mustard in a bowl, and stir in 1 tablespoon olive oil. Arrange the lettuce on a platter, and place the chicken skewers on top. Top with the tomato wedges and sauce, and serve.
Other recipes you might like
© 2013 Quadratum USA. All rights reserved.