brodo di pollo
MAKES: 3 quarts
In Italy, cheese rinds are often added to a simmering pot of soup for added depth of flavor. Many cheese markets and even some supermarkets sell cheese rinds. If you have a rind, but don't plan to use it soon, you can wrap in and freeze it for when you need it.
- 2 4-pound chickens, each cut into 6 pieces
- 2 carrots, cut into 3 pieces each
- 2 celery stalks, cut into 3 pieces each
- 1 large white onion, peeled and quartered
- 3 1/2 quarts cold water
- 1 tablespoon fine sea salt
- 4 ounces Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese rind
Other recipes you might like
© 2013 Quadratum USA. All rights reserved.