bucatini with guanciale
bucatini alla gricia
TOTAL TIME: 35 minutes
MAKES: 4 to 6 servings
Pasta alla gricia, which is sometimes prepared without onion, is the ancestor of pasta amatriciana and made without tomato.
- Fine sea salt
- 7 ounces guanciale, cut into 1/8-inch slices
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 whole dried arbol chiles, crumbled, or red pepper flakes to taste
- 1 pound bucatini or spaghetti
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Pecorino Romano cheese
Other recipes you might like
© 2013 Quadratum USA. All rights reserved.