braised guinea hen with rhubarb and red onions
faraona brasata con rabarbaro e cipolle rosse
TOTAL TIME: 1 hour, 10 minutes
MAKES: 4 servings
- 3/4 pound rhubarb stalks
- 1 (3 1/2-pound) guinea hen, cut into eight pieces
- Fine sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil plus more if needed
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 pound red onions, roughly chopped
- 2/3 cup dry white wine
Using a vegetable peeler, cut 5 long strips rhubarb lengthwise from 1 rhubarb stalk to form ribbons for garnish; set aside. Cut remaining rhubarb crosswise into 1/2-inch pieces.
Other recipes you might like
© 2013 Quadratum USA. All rights reserved.