baked zucchini with pancetta
zucchine al forno con pancetta
TOTAL TIME: 50 minutes
MAKES: 4 servings
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups finely chopped onion (about 1 large)
- 2 slices white sandwich bread, torn into pieces
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano or Grana Padano cheese
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 4 medium zucchini, trimmed and cut in half lengthwise
- 4 slices flat pancetta or bacon (about 4 ounces), cut in half crosswise
Heat oven to 375º.
Heat 3 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 8 minutes. Transfer to a 9- x 14-inch baking dish and spread to make a bed for the zucchini.
In the bowl of a food processor, combine bread, cheese and rosemary. Pulse until bread is broken into crumbs and mixture is combined.
Put zucchini on top of onions in baking dish, cut-side up. Put 1 piece pancetta onto each zucchini piece, then sprinkle with bread mixture and drizzle with 2 tablespoons oil. Bake until zucchini is tender, about 40 minutes. Serve warm.
Other recipes you might like
© 2013 Quadratum USA. All rights reserved.