asparagus with goat cheese and arugula sauce
asparagi con caprini e salsa di rucola
- 1 1/2 pounds asparagus, trimmed, lower halves peeled
- 3 ounces soft goat cheese, cut crosswise into 8 pieces
- 1 (1/4-pound) bunch arugula, trimmed, washed and dried
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 small garlic clove, thinly sliced
- Fine sea salt
- 2 radishes, thinly sliced
Steam asparagus in a steamer set over boiling water, covered, until crisp-tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl of ice and cold water to stop cooking, then drain and pat dry. Transfer to a large serving plate and top with 4 pieces of cheese.
Set aside 4 arugula leaves. Roughly chop remaining arugula. In a blender, combine chopped arugula, oil, garlic and pinch salt; blend until smooth.
Drizzle a little sauce over asparagus and cheese. Garnish with a few radish slices and reserved arugula leaves. Serve with remaining cheese, radish slices and sauce.
Other recipes you might like
© 2013 Quadratum USA. All rights reserved.